Monday, August 29, 2005

These few days I’ve walked so much that my heels ache. I think I must have walked the distance of 10 laps around NTU already. I’ve been trying to find a place to stay off-campus, and mostly I used my legs to carry me around. The transportation system here is not as good as in NTU, I think. There is no internal shuttle bus, and the bus comes into this place once every 20-30 mins (maybe the frequency will improve once the term starts). Maybe that’s because most people have cars or bicycles here. Thankfully McMaster is only about a quarter to one-third the size of NTU, else I’ll be half-dead already walking to the different departments across campus.

A few interesting observations:
- It seems that there are almost no motorcycles here. I have only seen one during my stay here. Maybe motorcycles are too cheap for Canadians?
- During a ride on the bus, the bus driver stopped by the side of the road, got off and has a quick chat with his family in front of his house.
- An advisor here thinks that I’m a Korean. Amazing.
- Their houses are mostly bungalow type, with 1 upper floor and a basement, and a lawn. There are no terrace houses here. Well, Canada is one of the biggest countries in the world, so they have plenty of land.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahhahaha....

cant believe I am the second one to post comments...hahahaha....

Din know abt ur blog until I checked my emailssssssss.......

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now NTU hav free internal shuttle bus leh......

So many people taking the bus now.

Luckily I stay in Hall 9, and dun hav 8.30am classes. Then for those who stay in Hall 11 or 15 ...hahaaha, a bit pityful lar.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

Wah, free shuttle bus now.. sad case here, so inconvenient. Maybe I'll buy a bicycle

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home