Tuesday, September 13, 2005

This lecture theater is enclosed in glass walls.















Scene in a computer room. But where are the computer monitors?? Heh, there are placed at a slanting angle below the desk, which is covered witha layer of clear plastic. There are not as many computers in Mcmaster as in NTU, I think, probably around 300 total in 4 places. However, the computers here are very high-tech. Every (yes, every!) one of them uses a P4 3.0Ghz processor, and a 17" (or maybe is 19") LCD. There are free scanning services available too.

This is Hamilton Hall. Previously, I stated that this is a hall of residence (I assumed based on physical appearance and name). Its actually a building for conducting lessons! One of my lectures are held here.

This is one of the halls of residence

A rig set up by Outdoor Club for members during "welcome dinner". I thought I could get my dinner here (although only burgers are provided). But I gave up after waiting in line for half an hour, and the line seems to be still static. They are BBQing the burgers themselves, so it takes a while to get a burger ready. It might be cheaper for them to do it this way, but I find it very inefficient.


One of my classes are held at night, 7-10pm (after 6 hours of classes), so I manage to take these night photos. The building is one of the 4 libraries here (and each of them has its own book lending rules and system). The 3 hour class is a social science subject, "the culture of technology", which I find very sien. After the 1st class, I find that its not easy. I have to write my thoughts and reflections (1000 word essays) on technology and society clearly, which I don't even care about.

Aih, the photos and captions are really jumbled up. Paiseh, but I don't know how to adjust them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha
the LT is covered by glass ar? Then sleeping inside the lecture will be so paiseh leh....hahaha

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems so queit there....so few people....

Issit very queit there? Not like NTU, students talking loudly inside the library (although sometimes I do). Hahahaaa

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oii..Which company u choose for IA?


I simply choose one....not even sure about the locations....

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home