Finally, after a 2 month absence, I started writing again (applause, applause). Being the considerate guy that I am, I understood that u guys in NTU were going to take exams soon, so I postponed blogging until after the exams to let u guys study in peace :P
OK, lets get started.. (taking a deep breath)
Right now, my studies are in a mess. I'm only registered in 4 subjects, since I dropped one. I realised that my matching for integrated electronics was really poor, so I decided to drop it. Since the subject (CMOS circuits) is useful, n the lecturer's very good, I continued attending the class anyway. Also, my replacement subject for semicond devices & proc basically just covers EE2003 + BJT, so I didn't learn much from it. Its difficult to allocate my time when I'm taking a subject for no credit, n taking exams for a subject I've learnt b4.
Also, dropping a subject means I've to take 2 yr 3 subjects, int electronics and electromagnetics, in my final yr, both of which r the most jialat ones. Junnie, Khian Nam, Geok Teng, I'll have to depend on you guys to teach me during IA (everybody see your names here d, so cannot refuse ya?:P), if not, I sure si kiao kiao during final yr.
The only good thing is that my grades are still OK due to the lighter workload. Hehe, I even managed to whack the other students in some quizzes (they call it midterms), like getting 80-90% when many of them got 50-60%. Hah, too bad the exams only consists of 40-50% of total marks. If they are 30% or less, I'm guaranteed to pass (passing grade = 50%) d, so I can skip final exams and start holidays early, LOL. I still prefer NTU's system though.
One of my housemates, Jade, was really fed up with our (guys) sloppiness in keeping the kitchen clean. She stuck notes like "please clean up the counter after you have dirtied it", "please remove the clogged food from the sink" etc. However, apparently, its not very effective, since she decided to move out after december.
It has started to snow here, albeit very lightly. My first impression of snowing is a scene after a massive free-for-all chicken fight, where chicken feathers are floating around. You might think its cold, but in fact it feels warmer when its snowing.I'm not socializing as much as I would like to here. The fact that I'm taking 3rd/4th yr engineering classes means that my classmates are usually very busy, often rushing off to meetings on group projects after classes, and our schedules are different, so its not easy to mix with them. Moreover, they have formed cliques d, so its difficult to butt in. So I usually get to meet new friends from extracurricular activities., and they are usually in year 1 or 2
Also, my friends here are mostly Asian, or canadian born chinese. Maybe this is cos I usually joined ECAs by chinese societies (eg, taiwan stud. assoc.). Also, I find it quite difficult to talk to ang mohs for any long period of time, maybe frequency differs too much.
When I first came, I saw MSA on the society list. I was pleasantly surprised, until I found that it stands for Muslim Studnts Association, LOL. Anyway, I got to know a small group of m'sians and s'poreans (7, 8 ppl) with whom i went out with a few times. Almost all of them are in second year, and one is still underaged. I'm the old man in the group.
I find the campus here more vibrant, since there are many special-interest groups campaigning for something all the time. For example, recently I started to see porn everywhere on campus. That's right, the Campus Crusade for Christ (society) launched an anti-porn campaign on campus :P.
They stuck their posters everywhere on campus, even in toilets! They even ran full-page adverts in the uni newspaper, and offer lucky draws on gifts for taking a porn survey. However, many people are unhappy at the CCCs aggressive campagning, and started to 'tembak' them in the uni paper editorials. Check out this interesting article. http://www.thesil.ca/article.pl?sid=05/11/11/2120206&mode=thread&tid=21The uni paper is also much less conservative and much more interesting, and has more content than NTU's. Issues such as homosexuality are discussed. Also, user opinions sometimes contain verbal obscenities and strong attacks and condemnations on other views/writers. Its interesting sometimes to see ppl 'tembak' each other like that LOL.
There's just way too much to put everything in here, so I'll stop here. You can check out my pics in MSN spaces.
I'm most probably going back to pg on 31 dec.
Take care everyone.

1 Comments:
Cheh, if u get C, then nobody will get A in that subject.. Relax la.. Wei, kn and gt, dun pretend u did not read this yah.. Must teach me
Post a Comment
<< Home